Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jill Bolte Taylor, on having a stroke

An instructor from a leadership class I'm taking sent us the link to this amazing video.

Jill Bolte Taylor, is a neuroanatomist who at age 37, had a massive stroke that took her 8 years to recover. I watched her TED Conference video, but she also has a bestselling book named "My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey".

Here is a quote from the talk, when Dr. Taylor talks about waking up the afternoon of the stroke:
"Because I could not identify the position of my body in space, I felt enormous and expansive, like a genie just liberated from her bottle. And my spirit soared free, like a great whale gliding through the sea of silent euphoria. Nirvana. I found Nirvana. And I remember thinking, there's no way I would ever be able to squeeze the enormousness of myself back into this tiny little body."

Here is the link on the TED website:


Watch it. These will be the best 20 minutes you spent of your day yet!

1 comment:

  1. I have read all of your entries. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete