Tuesday, May 18, 2010

i jog. aquajog.

I've wanted to roller blade for the longest time and promised I'd buy a pair of roller blades if I achieved my academic goals this semester, but I am scared that I will hurt some joint in my leg, someway, somehow, maybe snapping something at a right angle. (I know it's a horrendous thought!).

Here's my happy alternative: aquajogging! There's less impact on your joints, you get to be in the water, and you can switch off from running-swimming, no changing/drying off needed! Ever since I eyed some ladies aquajogging at the pool while lifeguarding, I have been a fan of this wonderful exercise. According to Runner's World, it looks like this:


It might look funny, and I feel funny "running" frantically in the water and not really getting anywhere, but it is definitely a great exercise. I also like to chew gum when I'm swimming (shhh) and this way, it's acceptably not-as-gross though I'm still in the water.

There are aquajogging world championships in Finland every year! It is a legitimate sport.

1 comment:

  1. Roller blades are designed to protect your ankles from bending in any unorthodox manner.
    Actually, I don't think you can bend you ankles at all.

    It's like wearing a boot.

    You should still give it a try. :)

    http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/br/bratz-rock-angelz-inline-skates-2-4.jpg

    ReplyDelete