Friday, July 2, 2010

daily vitacraves gummies.

So, I've been taking Centrum for as long as I remember and lately, I haven't been able to stand them. They taste too vanilla-ey, melt too fast in my mouth, become slippery, &etc etc. Anyway, taking vitamins every day became something I dreaded and I'd often skip out.

Couple of weeks ago when I went home, Umma(my mom) and I went shopping for new vitamins, and since we decided Flintstones are kind of ridiculous, I went for these gummy vitamins babies instead.

Let me tell you, these are delicious. You're supposed to take 2 a day, but I want to down the whole bottle! They're the right amount of gumminess, they taste like all sorts of fruits, and are somewhat nutritious.

These contain:
Vitamin A - 80%
Vitamin C - 100%
Vitamin D - 100%
Vitamin E - 133%
Vitamin B6 - 100%
Folic Acid - 100%
Vitamin B12 - 167%
Biotin - 50%
Pantothenic Acid - 100%
Iodine - 53%
Zinc - 33%



However, these get a big C as far as comparison with other supplements goes. First of all, 2 gummies amount to 10 calories (which come from glucose syrup-sucrose-gelatin), and second, Vitacraves simply don't have some of the components Centrum has such as Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Chloride, Potassium. 

As for me, I think it's better to take them daily though they may have less nutrients than not to take them at all. Besides, they're really delicious and I actually find myself looking forward to waking up and taking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment