Saturday, July 3, 2010

froyo deliciousness

Confession: I drove with my knees today. I know! But how could I keep two hands on the wheel, when I had chocolate frozen yogurt sitting next to me, like this:


While I'm not so crazy about ice cream, I love frozen yogurt. I like the tanginess of that yogurt taste and the place right off campus has all these delicious toppings you can add, including mangos, berries, crushed chocolates, and gummy bears.

However, frozen yogurt is sadly not completely a guilt-free treat. While frozen yogurt often contains less calories than ice cream, it's smarter to stick to real yogurt. True, there is yogurt in frozen yogurt, but the major ingredients remain various forms of sugar. For comparison purposes, regular ice creams are usually about 16% fat. Compare to frozen yogurt from whole milk, 3-4%, and of course skim milk, 0% fat.

Verdict is: if you're craving ice cream, go for frozen yogurt instead. If not, try throwing the regular yogurts in the freezer. They remain tangy (don't freeze plain yogurt), but they are delicious and oh-so-good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment