Thursday, November 11, 2010

happy pepero day!

Today is 11/11, which is designed Pepero day in Korea. The date looks like 4 sticks of Pepero (Korean equivalent of pocky sticks). It's a day similar to Valentine's Day where people confess their love to others by giving them pepero sticks (how romantic, pepero sticks?). In addition to those romantics, people give them away to friends, co-workers, teachers, etc.

I remember in middle school, various stationery shops and gift stores carrying special pocky sticks with different flavors and many beautiful boxes to put them in. Although I never gave Pepero's to any admirers, it was always fun going shopping for them with friends and marveling at the cute things. It was equally fun wrapping them to give to friends & receive them (:D) and of course, eat them for days later.

I am strangely nostalgic for Pepero day & the whole culture along with it today. I wish I could drive over to H-mart and pick up some deliciousness, but I have a big presentation next Tuesday that I want to ace. Let me just stare at the pictures of happy times at Seoul Garden munching on K-food.

Oh well... happy Pepero Day everyone!

Soooo, happy update: My friend came over saying he had something for me, and I had the faintest hope it may be Pepero's. And yes, he presented me with a box of waffle Pepero's! 

We sat on the futon happily munching on a few. Mmmm.

I just came back from the library, and sneaked in a few more Pepero's before today ended! Can I be any more happier?

1 comment: