Wednesday, July 27, 2011

why can't research be perfect???

Familia has asked me to please put up some pictures of myself- so here we go. Today was the longest day over, and it's still not over yet. I woke up and frantically finished frosting the cupcakes I had baked the night before. I headed out to drop off the cupcakes at the volunteer organization, walking down the stairs juggling two dozen cupcakes, a lunchbox, and my hugemontacious tote bag.

I got into work later than usual, so I stayed over to finish up a task I had planned to finish by today. Unfortunately, some of our samples need to be re-prepped.
saddest thing to see on your screen at 7:30PM
When I saw that these streak marks on the sample, I wanted to cry. Then I remembered the security cameras above me.

One good thing was that there is no rush hour at 8PM. I stopped by Whole Foods and spent an idle twenty minutes looking at food and finally picked up a Muesli bread snack.
De-licious.
I feel like I've been working full-time forever, although it's hardly been two months. When I told my co-worker our samples are not ready, that they must be polished again, he warned me to "not go crazy"- I think he knows me well already. One thing at a time. Research can't be perfect all the time.

But Entourage is baaaaack!

No comments:

Post a Comment