Wednesday, August 17, 2011

children's museum of houston visit

This weekend I visited Children's Museum of Houston with the kiddos. I drove extra-slow and extra-careful around the neighborhood, which prompted them to ask "do you know where we're going?" We arrived just before lunch, and spent almost three hours running around the exhibit. They especially loved the Power Tower, which was a jungle gym of plastic plates and nets. Since I couldn't climb inside with them, I was continuously running up and down the stairs to find them wherever they decided to swing to. Beating that national first-mom average of 25 may have its advantages after all.

the colorful entrance to the museum
The museum itself is not too big. If you have older science-inclined kids, they may want to stop at every exhibit to do the simulation and read the explanations. But we breezed by most of the exhibits and spent our time outside at FlowWorks, CMH's awesome water fountain/boat race/flood majambo.

inside corridor- more activities along the hallway
see the turtle? camou-f-l-a-g-e
The museum was not too crowded considering it was a Saturday. Most of the kids were around 5-10 age range, but I noticed some older kids- teenagers even- who seemed to be having fun. If I can be honest here, I think I would have fun here with my twenty-something friends too- can I host my next birthday here?
our lunch- food pyramid is tossed out the window
Well, my Wednesday started off with me Wii-shooting a deer at 7:30 in the morning, fueled with a much-needed latte. At least my day began and ended early- I am giving a presentation this Friday to a bunch of doctors/dentists/scientists, and I may need more caffeine to finish up this PowerPoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment