Tuesday, August 2, 2011

contact lenses wearing guide.

  • Can you wear your 2-week contacts for over two weeks?
  • Can you wear your contacts overnight?
  • What does "monthly" actually mean in "monthly" contacts?

You will find this post particularly useful if you are a dork like me, and open more than one contacts at a time. In my case, I have 6-month ones and 1-month ones, which gets even more confusing.

- Wear contacts overnight only if they are specifically for "Extended Wear".
- The time usually indicates wear time. Monthly contacts can be worn for 30 days, but once they are opened they usually have an expiration date. For example, my optometrist told me that my brand of contacts can be used for up to 90 days after opening date, but that I should only wear them for 30 days. Ask your doctor- this may be different depending on your contacts brand and your eye chemistry.
- Do not use your contacts beyond recommended time. You may save some money by wearing them for an extra week, but the label really means that the manufacturer is responsible for you wearing them for only that specified period. Do you really want to risk a horrible eye infection to save a few dollars?

I know someone whose brother almost went blind from contacts and he warned me to not even nap in them. Another tip, if you are having eye problems, do not google "eye infection". You will lose your appetite for the next four days- I am speaking with the kind of wisdom only obtained through experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment