Monday, August 1, 2011

weekly pictures round-up.

My recent grocery shopping obsession is the H-E-B bulk foods section. I can buy as little or as much as I want, and I've tried all sorts of different grains, nuts, and choco/yogurt-snacks the last few weeks. But sometimes I see shoppers take some with their hands and snack on them while grocery shopping- illegal and ew?

I made Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie with med school friends, courtesy of Paula Deen. It uses made-ready ingredients such as canned soup and biscuit mix, which cut down on our cooking time substantially.  No meal is complete without dessert- we also made blondies with melted gooey chocolate chips.

Thursday night, I whipped up an apple crumble with breakfast oatmeal, sugar and butter. I had a mini celebration for 1)completing AADSAS (dental apps for you non-dental folks) and 2)a successful first week of our new project at work.

Staying on the subject of delicious things, I had the best Celebrity cupcakes with the boys Friday night- they only wanted the frosting, so I ended up eating three of these delectable treats, sans-icing.

Saturday night, I checked out Art Bar Nouveau in Midtown with friends. The beautiful lamps set the ambiance in this otherwise warehouse-looking bar. The night ended with a reunion with more friends at 59 Diners complete with milkshakes and oatmeal (for me).

Only thing keeping this bar from looking like a black box
I spent my last day of July watching Alley Theatre's And Then There Were None with a friend who is visiting Houston. The ending was different from the book, and left me on a lighter/not-as-gloomy note. It is August already and school is starting soon for so many of you! I hung out with friends in the dorms this weekend and it felt surreal- how do you know when you're done with college?, when the dorm ceilings feel too low(can we take that as a metaphor?). Exciting adventures ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment