Monday, January 9, 2012

tornado warning, flash floods, heavy rain.

I thought tornadoes only existed in Kansas. But this morning, we had a tornado warning for Fort Bend County and eventually Harris County. The radio was interrupted from regular programming with the three long beeps and everything! I fortunately made it to work before it began pouring. Remember that scene from Big Fish when Edward is driving and it begins raining, really pouring, then plain ridiculous buckets of water falling from the sky? The front side of my shorts were a different color by the time I came into the office.
New pond in front of my building
Inner loop completely flooded
A little rain would have been nice, especially with this year being so dry, but this weather was unbelievable. Little Brother almost got trapped in downtown since the lightrail was down, so Kasey and I braved through the rain to save him. (mini-celebration at Chipotle complete with lime chips!)
Definitely staying in. Picture
A kayak would have been handy:
In Seaside Park, NJ March 2010
And now it's crisp and quiet in Houston like this monsoon never happened. Houston weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment