Friday, February 3, 2012

lab meetings= laughter sessions

Heard at our lab meeting this afternoon:
"That sounds like a Dr. Seuss line."
"Wait, were we actually serious about that?"
"Do we want real data or a real... drawing?"
Bookshelf- thank you T!
In mosi news, I have a bookshelf thanks to T who is moving away to start her job, so I have stacked my science textbooks for easy reference. As happy as I am about my latest furniture, I am sad to see her go.

My friend B sent me this article Top 10 Worst Things About Working in a Lab:

#7. Sometimes experiments fail for a reason. Sometimes experiments fail for no reason. Or sometimes when you finally make it work, you learn that someone else has published a paper with much better established techniques.
#2. You have to dress like a scientist. You can try to look schmexy with those brand-new sharp lab goggles but it really doesn't work. 

Here's my Friday night with the most handsome boys in town-
Building caves and racing cars on Friday night

No comments:

Post a Comment